Sunday, July 12, 2009

Whatcha Upto?

Lots of excuses for not posting... busy, tired, boring, blank.... Whatever. When I'm in this state, (often), I'll post some of my artwork. All questions answered.

I made some cards recently, to thank my sweet girlfriends for all my birthday happinesses. Because of what looks like a Cadillac, zooming past the Tour D'Eiffel, I saved this one.

*********************************************************************************


Here is The Runabout Child, a mixed-media collage I made in 2006 as a Christmas gift for my pal Charlotte Lyons. (Check out her blog: http://www.housewrenstudio.typepad.com/ ) When I was in NYC last month, I noticed Charlotte had put it in my bedroom. This collage is of my grandmother Ruth, and includes photos, a haiku, found objects, newspaper, paint, and I don't remember what else. I do remember making it for Charlotte, and how I enjoyed the process... sharing something of someone so close to me, with my dear friend and fellow artist. I said to her, "I want it back"! I really love this piece, and I missed it. And my friend, who's kinda like a sister sometimes, let me wrap it up in and take it home.


some details:


Here are some pix of the most wonderful bedroom in all of New York:

you can see The Runabout Child off to the right:

Thank you friend, for always making me feel welcome, comfortable and loved. xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Eiffel Tower and a Caddy!? Fine works of art from their respective cultures...

Followers


View My Stats