Monday, May 4, 2009

Internetius Interuptus



Hey it's been a while. The problem was no internet outside of Paris and after sleeping for 14 hours, Z and I took off for a long weekend in Reims (rhymes with France-- french, I don't get it.) Beautiful countryside between here and Champagne. We visited a few champagne producers and their caves, but mostly we just drank their wine a lot. A good time was had by both. We make quite a pair. Z has 0 sense of direction, but speaks beautiful, fluent French. Je ne parle que la nouviture Franciase, and I can sort of read a map. But I swear, there is not one straight line of a street in this whole country. We walked and walked for hours and hours, and even when we were lost, we were having fun together, as long as there was some form of pastery involved... baby gets cranky when she's hungry. been that way for 21 years. Reims is the home of the Cathedrale Notre-Dame (not the same as the one in Paris), one of the best examples of Gothic architecture in the world. This thing is HUGE. and kinda overwhelming. Took some pix and lit a candle. Maybe I'll put all the photos on flicker so you can see them if you want... later,baby, this is my first full day in Paris and I wanna get out there. Will be checking in later today. Oh, and my spell check is not working, so be nice.
Oh, and I'm so concerned for y'all, with this swine flu, that I designed some fashions for you if things playout the wrong way. Stay well and safe. xox, d

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dede and Zoe,
I am enjoying your adventures. Please eat a chocolate crossaint, fresh bread and blue cheese. Not necessarily at one time. Love to you both. Sally

Followers


View My Stats