
No matter how much you try, it's hard to protect your children. A. has flu; 102 fever, sore throat, headache, body aches. Don't know the variety, but if it's the big one, YIKES! I've heard it hits teens hard. So what's a mom to do? This mom starts cooking. Today it will be Chicken Soup and Swedish Apple Pie. The pie is a long-ago Chicago Tribune recipe... back when the Food Section was really great. Alas, not so much anymore. This one is a keeper:
Swedish Apple Pie oven 350
3-4 cups of peeled, cored tart apples mixed with
1/2 t. cinnamon and 2T. sugar and put into a greased 9X9 pan
mix together in a bowl:
1/2 C (1 stick) butter melted,
1 C. flour
3/4 C. sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg
Blob it on top of the apples and then sprinkle on 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Bake until well browned and bubbly, about 60 mins. 6 servings
Z was to come for dinner tomorrow night. Maybe a bad idea now.
I planned to clean all morning but I'm feeling pretty lazy today. Come to think of it, I've had a lot of her symptoms this week. Better take my temp. Pie first.
Hope your weekend goes well.
xox
1 comment:
Yum!
Post a Comment