Friday, September 10, 2010

Update

SPELLCHECK isn't working, so be nice. xox
Getting out of Paris Tuesday was a farkin' nightmare!

There was a nationwide strike that encompassed

all civil services: taxis, trains, teachers, metro, newspapers, etc...

But of course, we didn't know anything about it

until we tried for over an hour to get a taxi to the train station.

We missed our train that never left anyway!

So we went to Avis, cashed in my 401K, and rented a car.

We headed for the Dordogne,

which s/b a 5-6 hr. drive.

ELEVEN hours later, in the dark, in the pouring rain,
we finally found our B&B.


Here is a cartoon I found in an old magazine

about striking in France. It's so common, people here

hardly give it a second thought!

CRAZY FRENCH PEOPLE!
After a long sleep, Z and I had a three day blast, driving all over the place.

But there was no interwebings where we were.

So I'll post about that more later.


For now, we are in Bordeaux for one night.

We're on our way to what promises to be a fantastic dinner,

and I will report on that, too.


Just know, we're having a ball!
XOX, d.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! Glad to hear you made it through. How's that GPS? SQ

Hollopez said...

That sounds horrible!

Lily got your postcard, she loves it! She is telling everyone who will listen that "Dede sent her mail from FRANCE!"

hope you both continue to have a wonderful trip, we miss you!!

Unknown said...

Love that cartoon! I sent you an important email about Zoe's email address. Check it when you get a chance.

Miss you guys and hope you're having an awesome time in Provence!

Followers


View My Stats